Dharmamurthi Rao Bahadur Calavala Cunnan Chetty was born in the Calavala family of the Arya Vysya community in the year 1869. His father Sri Chellam Chetty was a prominent member of the business community of the time. The Calavala Graham of Govindappa Naiken Street, was the residence of Sri Cunnan Chetty that later became the office of Dharmamurthi Rao Bahadur Calavala Cunnan Chetty Charities established by him in 1920. Our founder, as the Trustee of Pachaiyappa’s Charities has donated an amount of Rs.1,00,000/- to the Pachaiyappa’s college for the construction of students hostel in those days. His wife Smt.Seethamma supported him fully in all his religious and charitable activities. Our founder was conferred the title ‘Rao Bahadur’ in 1919 by the British Government and the title ‘Dharmamurthi’ in 1920 by Dr.Annie Besent . Mahakavi Bharathiar has hailed the philanthropic services of our founder.
“Providing Quality and Value Based Education to the needy, downtrodden and first generation students of the society.”
“To improve the Quality of Education on par with the International Standards so as to enable our students to occupy higher positions in International Arena.”