Entrepreneur Development Cell (ED Cell) was established in the year 2012 at Dharmamurthi Rao Bahadur Calavala Cunnan Chetty’s Hindu College. The aim of ED Cell is to develop and make stronger entrepreneurial qualities in building professionals who are interested in starting their own business. The College provides infrastructure and support to the students having innovative ideas to transform into new products and services for the betterment of the society. The ED Cell members also assist all the aspirants with mentoring, planning and effecting of their start up idea into a real business.
The seed of ED Cell was sowed by our Principal Dr. (Smt.) V. Lakshmi, 15 years ago by introducing KVIC (Khadi and Village Industries Commission) into our college, through Training programmes on Bakery Products making, Beautician lane, Jute Bags Making, Embroidery making, etc. ED Cell also provides free Training on Skill Development for destitute women entrusting entrepreneurial skills and motivates them to become a young entrepreneur.
The vision of ED Cell is to inculcate the spirit of culture of entrepreneurship among students.
To provide all entrepreneurs with the training and education, resources, and a positive social network to share ideas, explore opportunities, and provide the support they need along their journey to personal and entrepreneurial success.
Objective & Functions:
- Break the allegory that entrepreneurship is what others do.
- Enable students start and manage their own small business units.
- To pioneer the culture of Entrepreneurship in College.
- The three STAGE approach
STAGE 1 – The Ideation Stage
The ED freshers from KVIC conduct orientation programme from ED members.
To conduct certificate courses on various skill development programmes in collaboration with KVIC.
Training and Marketing.
Mrs. M. Mohana Priya, Mrs. P. Vinodhini
Mrs. D. Sundari
Mr. B. Vinayagam
ED EXPO 2k19- An Intercollegiate Competition participated our ED Boutique Students
Inauguration of Entreprenial Development Training Centre.
- Skill Development programme conducted by KVIC.
- a) Bakery Products b) Food Processing
Workshop on Intellectual Properly Rights – Conducted by the CIPR (Center for Intellectual Property Rights, Chennai).
Bakery Products Training Programme for five days conducted in collaboration with KVIC .
Our college students conducted Intercollegiate ED Expo 2017.
- Fabric Painting Training for 100 students.
- Awareness and opportunities on Entrepreneurship in India for students.
- Community Development program for Destitute mothers (CSR PROJECT) by KVIC.
- ED Boutique Inter Department Competition for Students conducted all through the year.
- Jwellery Making Training Programme for five days conducted in collaboration with KVIC.
- Entrepreneurship Development Programme in association with ICT Academy of Tamil Nadu and Small Industries Development Bank of India(SIDBI).
- Khadi Village Industries Commission (KVIC) Training Programmes.
- Promoting & Nurturing Entrepreneurship in Colleges.
- Entrepreneur Development Summit.
- One day workshop on Dynamic Entrepreneurship.
- Young women Social Entrepreneurship Development Residential Programme.