The college and department of history had simultaneous beginning in 1969 with pre-university course. B.A. course in history was introduced in the academic year 1970-71 with 36 students. Now the department has grown with 215 students.The Forum for Historical studies was founded in 1997.This forum has invited many scholars and eminent personalities to deliver lecture on various topics. It also organized educational tours all over India.
Annual DR APJ Abdul Kalam Quiz Competition 2020
The Department of History conducted Annual DR APJ Abdhul Kalam Quiz Competition on 9th January 2020
” MADRAS WEEK CELEBRATION “
The Department of History conducted “MADRAS WEEK CELEBRATION 2019” from 27/08/19 to 29/08/19 to make the students appreciate the History of Chennai and the contribution of this great city to the growth and development of our country. View More…….
” GUEST LECTURE “
The Department of Historical Studies, DRBCCC Hindu College conducted a guest lecture on 18/07/19. The lecture was delivered by Dr. E. Ravi from Annamalai University on “Uses of History”. The students were inspired by the lecture given by Dr. E. Ravi. The guest lecture spoke about the uses of History, the speciality of History students and the ways in which history students should learn from great leaders. His words on time management and the ways in which students have to divide the day were enlightening. He spoke in length about the ways to study history and the employment opportunities which beckons history students after their graduation. The students actively participated in the interactive session and received accolades from the Guest Lecturer. The whole session was very beneficial for the students as well as the professors. The department is thankful for the management and the students for their whole hearted cooperation.
MAKE IN INDIA : ” CHALLENGES AND PROSPECTIVES “
Conducted a Guest Lecture on the topic “Make in India: Challenges and Prospectives” on 09.03.2018. Dr.L.Selvananthan, Associate Professor & Head, Dept. of History, Loyola College was the resource person.
EDUCATIONAL TOUR TO MAHABALIPURAM
Third year students went on a Educational tour to Mahabalipuram and other Archeological places on 06.01.2018
FIELD TRIP TO YELAGIRI REGARDING ENVIRONMENTAL STUDIES
Second year students went on field trip to Yelagiri regarding Environmental studies from 01.03.18 to 03.03.18.
- Conducted Guest Lecture on “Personality Development”. Dr.P.Manohar, Associate Professor & Head, Dept. of History, Presidency College was the resource person on 12.09.2016
- Conducted Guest Lecture on “Human Rights and Issues in India”. Dr.M. Lakshmanan, Associate Professor, Dept. of History, Presidency College was the resource person on 11.01.2017
- Conducted Guest Lecture on “Achievements and Challenges of women in Modern India”. Dr.K. Vijaya, Controller of Examinations, Head & Associate Professor, Department of Historical Studies, Quaid-E-Millath Government College for Women was the resource person on 18.01.2017
- Conducted Guest Lecture on “History of Marina”. Dr.Krishnaswamy, Associate Professor (Retired), Pachaiyappa’s College was the resource person on 22.02.2017
- Conducted a Two Day International Conference on “Developments and Challenges in Post Independent India” on 03rd & 04th March 2017
- Conducted Inter-departmental Dr.A.P.J.Abdul Kalam Quiz competition for Shift I & Shift II Colleges on 12.09.15
- Conducted Tiruvallur District School Level Quiz Competition by Dr.A.P.J.Abdul Kalam Club. Smt.T.Sitalakshmi, Chief Educational Officer, Tiruvallur was the Chief Guest. Sri M.Venkatesaperumal, Honorary Secretary was the Guest of Honour on 29.01.16
- Students undertaken study tour for three days on “Environmental Studies” to Yelagiri on 26.02.16 to 28.02.16
- Conducted Inter-departmental debate on 02.03.2016, Oratorical competition and Fancy dress competitions on 03.03.16 & 04.03.16
- Conducted Community Service Programme for +2 students at Govt. Hr. Sec. School, Pattabiram on 12.08.14 & 13.08.14
- Guest Lecture on “Importance of History” Prof.A. Karunanandam, Former Professor & Head, Vivekananda College on 18.08.14
- Conducted an Inter-departmental Debate and Oratorical competitions in our college on 01.09.14 & 03.09.14
- 6 students from II Year and 11 students from III Year participated in one day state level seminar and presented a paper on “Water Resource Management” organized by Department of Economics of our college on 15.09.14
- Conducted History Association Meeting on 28.03.15
- 56 students of II year History along with Dr.V.Ranganivas, Head of the Department of History visited Yelagiri in connection with Environment studies project on 19.02.2014 & 21.02.2014
- Conducted Inter Departmental Competitions, Debate and Oratorical competitions on 24.03.2014 & 25.03.2014
Smt. V. Kayalvizhi, M.A., M.Phil.,
Number of Paper presented/ published in conference : 01
Number of Workshop / FDP/Seminar attended : 04
Dr. K.I.N. Deiva Akandan Paraman,
Number of papers published in journals : 21
Number of Paper presented/ published in conference : 16
Number of books published : 19
Number of Workshop / FDP/Seminar attended : 05
Shri. Anand S. M.A. SET.
Number of Workshop / FDP/Seminar attended : 02
Dr. U. Marimuthu, M.Phil., Ph.D,
Number of papers published in journals : 01
Number of books published : 02 (Chapters)
Number of Workshop / FDP/Seminar attended : 02