Gender Cell was founded in 2008 to sensitise gender equality and to enhance women empowerment. It has been formed with the motive of bringing gender equality, healthy relationship with opposite gender among the students.
Gender cell has been formed in our college to sensitise gender equality and enhance women empowerment.
- To create mutual respect among the genders.
- To enhance woman empowerment
- To create awareness on human and woman rights.
- Conduct of gender awareness programmes
- Healthy relationship with opposite gender
- Role of youth towards National Development
- Conduct of women empowerment programmes
- Conduct of programmes in the nearby community to sensitise gender equality
- Observing Women’s Day
- Observing International Disability Day
- AWARENESS PROGRAMME ON “HEALTH AND HYGIENE”
Gender Cell conducted an Awareness Programme on “Health and Hygiene” at RMT Govt. Girls Higher Secondary School, Thiruvallur on 27.02.2019. Totally 250 Students have participated.
- COMMUNITY PROGRAMME – BetiBachaoBetiPadhao– Marathon on 22ndJanuary 2019
Gender Cell coordinated the marathon conducted by the Department of Public and Social Welfare at Tiruvallur Collector Office. More than 150 students represented our college and actively participated in the competition. Marathon was conducted for the cause of women and girl child development. District Collector MageswariRavikumar I.A.S inaugurated the programme. Various traditional was performed highlighted the programme. Winners were awarded with prizes and programme was ended by 4.00pm.
- PANCHAMITRA PLEAD (Inter Department Competition) on 07thFebruary 2019
Gender Cell conducted “PANCHAMITRA PLEAD-2019” an Inter-department competitions for all the students. Women Empowerment was the basic theme of the competitions held. The programme was inauguratedwith the presences of Gender Cell members and participants in Cunnan Auditorium by 10.30a.m. After invocation, Prof.N.Swarnalatha. Cultural walk, Mime, Scavenger Hunt, Brain Combat and Elocution were the competitions conducted for the students. Performance was judged by our college staffs.
Around 2:30p.m valedictory function was started and cultural program was presented for the students. Principal Dr.V.Lakshmi addressed the students and explained about Women Empowerment. Director Dr.N.RajedraNadiu encouraged the students by his inspiring word. Prize winners were announced by Prof.S.Anuradha Co-Convenor of Gender Cell. Our Principal and Director distributed the prizes and certificates for the winners. The Over-all trophy was won by B.Com CS. department. Prof.M.Mahendran Co-Convenor of Gender Cell delivered the vote of thanks and the programme came to end by 05:00 p.m.
- Community Programme on 11th January 2019.
- Work shop on Self Defence on 27th September 2018.
- Social media and its victimization on 18th September 2018.
- Teachers’ Day Celebration on 05th September 2018.
- “Confidence building program” for all first year girls on 16th August 2018.
- Advisory Committee on 13th August 2018.
- Awareness program on “Ill effect of Alcohol and drug abuse” in Cunnan auditorium on August 7, 2018.
- Gender Cell organized Investiture Ceremony for the Gender Cell students on 11th July 2018 .
- Orientation programme for the first year students of shift-2 on 07th June and for shift -1 on 23rd June 2018.
- An orientation programme for the first year students
- Investiture Ceremony for the Gender Cell students.
- Teachers’ Day Celebration Vimala Annadurai (HOD-Tamil Department, Chellammal womens college)
- Community Program on Good Touch and Bad Touch Mrs.Sheela (YRC Coordinator)
- Women’s Day Celebration K.Shobarani Inspector/Chief Law Instructor PRS Avadi- V Battalion
- Orientation Programme was conducted.
- Investiture Ceremony was conducted Chief Guest: Mr M.S.Sathish Kumar, Director of Water Resource Board, President of World Tamilians Cultural Movement, Sri Lanka.
- Workshop on Interview Grooming Chief Guest Mrs Mythili Durgi, Brand Manager, Rexona Hindustan Uni Lever Limited.
- Celebrated Teachers’ Day Chief Guest Dr K.Nirmala Prasad, Member of Tamil Nadu State Council for Higher Education.
- Observed International Women’s Day. Chief Guest: Ms Iswarya Manivannan, Asian and National Silambam Champion.
- Orientation Programme was conducted
- Investiture Ceremony was conducted Chief Guest: Mrs Adhilakshmi Logamurthi, Vice-President of Women’s Lawyer Association
- Celebrated Teachers’ Day Chief Guest Col. Dr G.Thiruvasagam, Vice Chancellor, AMET University
- Guest Lecture on Gender Discrimination. Chief Guest: Dr Shanthi Krishna Raj, Head, Department of Econometrics, University of Madras
- Observed International Women’s Day. Chief guest Dr Vasuki Kannappan, President of Tamil Writers Association.
- Investiture Ceremony 2014
Mr A.V.Muthu Pandi, Penn Sakthi Writer, President of Tamil Media Club
- Gender Cell Students organized Teacher’s Day Celebration
- Workshop on Nalludal, Nallenam and Narcheyal
Chief Guest: Dr Vaseem Sulthan, Sidha Doctor Mrs Premila, Director of Age Learning Zonal, Mr G.Sundar Rajan, Director of Poovulagam Nanbargal Magazine
- Guest Lecture on Power of Positive Thinking
Chief Guest : Mrs S.Anuradha, Asst Prof of BBA DRBCCC Hindu College
- Women’s Day Celebrated
Chief Guest: Mrs K.Vijayashree, Director, Histyle & Diva
- Gender Cell Students organized Teacher’s Day Celebration
- Awareness on Gender Equality programme organised by Gender Cell.
- Resource Person: Mr P.Sadaiyandi, Senior Trainer in Hand-in-Hand India
- ‘Pre –Marital Counselling’
- Chief Guest: Mrs P.K.Vathani, HOD of BSW, Madras School of Social Work
- Human Rights Act organised by Gender Cell
- Resource Person Mr A.Gowthaman, Advocate, Madras High Court
- ‘Role of the Youth towards the Development of Nation’ organised by Gender Cell Chief Guest: Mr B.Gowthaman, Chairman of youth Association
- Workshop on ‘Values in Life’ organised by the Gender Cell
- Resource Person: Mr Gopala Krishnan, Trainer, New India Assurance Company
- Women’s Day Celebrations
- Chief Guest: Mrs Adhilakshmi Logamurthy, Advocate, Madras High Court