NATIONAL SERVICE SCHEME (NSS)
Students enrolled in NSS shall serve for a minimum of two years. They must put in 120 hours of attendance at regular programmes in a year and they should participate atleast in one special camp of 7 days duration. Based on their active participation, they will be deputed for inter collegiate and inter – University camps.
- 25 volunteers participated in controlling the crowd near the temple at Tiruvallur Police Booth.
- 150 volunteers attended in the “Drug Awareness programme” at Government Hospital, Tiruvallur.
- 60 volunteers involved in helping the homam at Mahasundharsana Homam, RDN Mandapam, Tiruninravur.
- NSS volunteers participated in first year Orientation Programme conducted in our college.
- 60 volunteers engaged in cleaning up the school at Victoria Memorial Blind School, Poonamallee.
- 20 volunteers participated in fresher’s orientation program to guide the fresher’s.
- 150 volunteers participated in International Yoga Day programme
- 400 volunteers participated in first year Orientation Programme conducted in our college.
- 13 volunteers participated in parking duty in A.M Jain college, Meenambakkam
- 135 volunteers participated in awareness programme conducted by Abdul Kalam‘s Club at Queen Mary’s college. Sri G. Bhaskaran, NSS Co-ordinator and Actor Vijay were the Chief Guest.
- 120 volunteers participated in Temple Project at Nagavalli Amman Temple, Tiruninravur.
- 150 volunteers participated in Aids Awareness Human Chain programme in our College.
- 250 volunteers (incl.100 girls) participated in Special Camp in Ananderi Village for 7 days.
- 250 Volunteers participated in the Human Chain programme organised on the occasion of the International Drug abuse day.
- Orientation programme was organised for the 450 new entrants in NSS in our college.
- 35 Volunteers participated in the Temple maintaining & Distribution of Food at Veerapuram on the occasion of Adi Krithigai.
- 25 Volunteers participated in the Vinayagar Temple at Avadi for Cleaning purpose.
- 60 Volunteers rendered their services at Balavikas & Pattabiram orphanage on the occasion of Independence Day.
- Conducted annual special camp at Gulur Village of Tiruvallur District with Rs.1,12,500/- funds provided by the Management.
- Conducted Introductory meeting for first year volunteers.
- 11 Volunteers attended verification of Voters’ List at Poonamallee.
- Conducted various awareness camps on Road Safety, Vitamin Survey, World Unani Day, Dengue, Human Chain on Electricity Saving, food safety, Preventing female foeticide and Girl child rights.
Volunteers regularly participate in various assigned projects.
- Volunteers rendered service during celebrations in our college such as Founders Day, Seethamma Garu Day, Pongal, Ayutha Pooja, Vinayaga Chathurthi, Parent-teacher meeting, Vivekananda Radha Yatra etc.
- Volunteers participated in various cultural events.
The College has 5 units with
500 volunteers and 5 Programme Officers