The Rotaract club of our college is an associate member of Rotary Club of Anna Nagar, Chennai. Students enrolled in Rotract Club have four avenues to serve viz., club service, community service, professional service and international service. Programmes on personality enrichment, career development, skill development, community development are conducted annually, thereby students develop leadership qualities and professional outlook.
Dr. E. Saravanan
Nil Gavani Sel – Awareness programme on blood donation, organ donation and road safety.
Missile on – Dr A.P.J. Abdul Kalam’s 2nd Death Anniversary.
Suthanthira Paravaigal -Independence Day Celebration at Chathiram Govt. School.
Annam Aayiram – Distributed 240 Kgs. of rice to 15 families at Chendrayam Palayam Village, Poondi.
An awareness programme of “End Polio” was conducted at Chittathoor Village, Tiruvallur.
Under “Iyarkai Thiruvizha” Pongal was celebrated and various games were conducted at Prem Boy’s Home.
Under the Programme “Nalvidhaigal” moral teachings were conducted.
Under the project of “Urimai Kural”, an awareness on “The fundamental human rights” was created.
Conducted “Swara”, the annual event of Rotaract Club. As part of the programme, many events like off-stage events, on-stage events, online events were conducted on 27.02.2018. And also launched the tagline for the year 2018-2019.
- Conducted an Awareness programme on Road Safety, Drinking, Smoking, Tobacco & Drug addiction” for all students and social workers.
- Conducted “Karam Kudupom” – Collection of Clothes and given to poor people at Thirumullaivoyal, Pattabiram & Thiruninravur.
- “Rotaract Club of D.R.B.C.C.C.HINDU COLLEGE” joined together for an INTERNATIONAL PROJECT ‘RETRO RELOADED’ with “Rotaract club of San Fransiscojaya” and Americo Lugo Old Home (san fransiscojaya) on the occasion of Senior Citizenship Day at Sevalaya.
- “Rotaract club of D.R.B.C.C.C.HINDU COLLEGE” has exchanged ‘Letter head’ with “Rotaract club of Anand Mid Town” which was led by Rtr.Sasank Suri, International Service Director. Exchange of LETTER HEAD is not an exchange of just a piece of paper, it is also an exchange of authority, ideas, views and powers.
- Conducted “Annam Ayiram” – Collection of 75 kgs of rice and given to S.I.T Children’s Home Age, Villivakkam.
- Celebrated “Saravedi” at Christ Trust Home, Pattabiram as part of Diwali Festival.
- Conducted Community Service “Mottugal” a joint project by Rotaract Club of Madras Central and Rotaract club of Saveetha Medical College on and distributed 100 dresses to 50 new born babies at Sir Ivan Stedford Hospital.
- Conducted Professional Service “Nalvidhaigal” at SIP Home, Villivakkam.
- Celebrated “Iyarkai Thiruvizha” at Prem Boys, Arakkonam as part of Pongal festival. Distributed sweets to the children and Dhotis to the farmers.
- Conducted “Swara”, the annual event of Rotaract Club. As part of the programme, Paper presentation, Speech, Essay Writing, Rangoli, Cooking without fire and Mehandi were conducted. The ground events are Volleyball, throw ball, relay and running race. Nearly 500 participants and 1600 visitors participated as part of mega cultural event.
- Conducted an awareness competition in Vijayanta School Avadi ‘INTERNATIONAL DRUG ABUSE DAY’.
- Independence Day celebration in Govt. School, Pattabiram.
- ‘SUDHANDHIRA PARAVAI’.
- Photography Competition held at Adyar ‘OBSCURA’.
- Guinness Record Created on Indian flag ‘ROTARY MY FLAG MY INDIA’ at YMCA Nandanam.
- Celebrated Pongal Festival at a Orphanage in Arakkonam with Transgender ‘THIRUNANGAIGAL UDAN MAZHALAI THAI THIRUNAAL’.
- Annual Event of Rotaract -SWARA 2015 Chief Guest Rtn. Gnanvelan, Youth Service Director, District 3230.