YOUTH RESOURCE CENTRE (YRC)
Youth Resource Centre has been established in our College in association with Rajiv Gandhi National Institute of Youth Development, Sriperumbudur to provide career guidance and other empowerment programmes to our students as well as Youth in and around Pattabiram. There is a collection of competitive exams and other useful general books in the centre for reference.
To develop the socially and economically disadvantaged youth.
To empower the SC/ST students of our college and neighborhood community young people.
To empower the youth by improving skills, knowledge, greater confidence to develop their career and employability.
Smt. I. Sheela, M.S.W Youth Resource Centre – Coordinator
AWARENESS PROGRAMME ON “HEALTH AND HYGIENE”
Youth Resource Centre and Gender Cell conducted an Awareness Programme on “Health and Hygiene” at RMT Govt. Girls Higher Secondary School, Thiruvallur on 27.02.2019. Totally 250 Students have participated.
INTERNATIONAL YOUTH DAY
INDEPENDENCE DAY CELEBRATION AT RANGAPURAM VILLAGE
One Basic Training Program on Human Rights jointly organized with National Human Rights Commission New Delhi.
- International Yoga Day Mr Lakshmi Narayanan, ISHA Foundation.
- Community Development Program (Medical Camp Awareness on Health Issue &Distribution of food to 100 village People) Mr.Karuppasamy, Micro Finance Specialist, Pudhu vaazhu Project & Medical Camp, Prime Health Clinic.
- Disaster Management & Awareness programme Mr G.Arumugam,Training Officer, National Disaster Management Authority, Tamil Nadu.
- Seethamma Garu Day Celebration at Rangapuram Village Conducted sports day for children’s and Parents Rangapuram Village People.
- National Youth Day Mr.ArunKumar Sushilkumar Republic Day Celebration and Dental camp at Ranagapuram village on 26.01.2018 Dr.N.Rajendra Naidu ,Director & Doctors from Priyadharshini Dental college.
- Fitter Training Programme for 5 Community Youth at Madras Chamber of Commerce & Industry Centre for Vocational Training and Skill Development, Thiruvallur (one month programme).
- Two day Orientation programme on Financial Management and Raising Capital for SC/ST youth at RGNIYD (5 students participated).Five students of MSW & M.Com. and Mr A.M.Magesh Kumar, YRC counsellor have attended the programme.
- International Youth Day – Youth Mental Health by Mr S.Sathesee,
- Chennai Zonal Director,Nehru Yuva Kendra Sangatham, Chennai.
- Personality Enrichment & Computer Skill Training Programme to 18 III year students (3 months programme)
Mr A.M.Magesh Kumar, Counsellor Established YRC Centre in Association with Rajiv Gandhi National Institute of Youth Development.
- Centre was inaugurated on 11.09.2013 by Dr D.Jayalakshmi, Registrar i/c, RGNIYD, Sriperumpudur.
- Conducted Orientation Programme for 500 students.
- Conducted Two Day ‘Capacity Building Training Programme’ for 50 SC students.
- Conducted a workshop on Water Conservation by Institute of Sustainable Development, Veerapuram, Thiruvallur District.
- Conducted valedictory programme.